Unit 0 - Beginning of Course
You'll need to do all of these things at the start of the school year. Contact the instructor immediately if you have any difficulty completing these.
- Read Course Policies.
- Fill out Student Info form.
- Install Installing Bash on Windows 10 (Windows users only).
- Install Python 3.
- Get the textbook for our course, John Zelle's excellent Python Programming: An introduction to computer science, 2nd Edition. ©2010, Franklin, Beedle & Associates. ISBN-13: 860-1200643879
- Read Turning in Work.
- Read Working Efficiently.
- Download and install
Unit 1 - Intro to our course
Unit 2 - Programming Fundamentals
- Discussion notes: Unit 2
- Exercise solutions: Ch2, Ch7, Ch6, Ch8
- Programming exercise solutions: Ch 3 Ex 1, Ch 3 Ex 3, Ch 7 Ex 1, Ch 7 Ex 3, Ch 6 Ex 1, Ch 6 Ex 3, Ch 8 Ex 1, Ch 8 Ex 5, Ch 8 Ex 7
- Project: coinflipper.py
- Project: craps.py
Also: pseudocode and YouTube advice part 1 and part 2.
Unit 3 - More Programming Fundamentals
Unit 4 - Sorting and Searching Algorithms
Unit 5 - Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Discussion notes: Unit 5
- graphics.py, by John Zelle. (Cntrl-click or right-click to download, and place it someplace where Python can find it!)
Unit 6 - Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Unit 7 - Recursion
Unit 8 - Basic Web Design - HTML & CSS
Unit 9 - Game Design in Python